5 Do’s and Don’ts of Professional NetworkingOctober 29, 2014
5 Simple Ways To Stay MotivatedJanuary 28, 2015
Are your fans and customers finding you online? Do you appear on the first page of the Google search results? If not, then you probably don’t even exist to most people surfing the web. Online search is quickly becoming the main tool customers use when deciding to make a purchase for a product or service. These customers are pre-qualified and motivated buyers, so it’s in your best interest to be seen by as many of these people as possible. In this post, I will provide you with ten simple SEO tips that will make Google like your website a little bit more and in return, improve your organic search results.
10 Simple SEO Tips
- First of all, your website must be “crawlable” by the search engine spiders. If the web search spiders can’t read your site, then you will not be found.
- Remember that good content is the most important aspect of a good SEO strategy. Focus your content on solving problems for your target audience. If you provide value, then they will be back.
- You need to incorporate lots of specific keywords on your website. Think about what your customers are typing into the Google search box and create your content around those keywords. Don’t use keywords without a purpose make sure your keywords address pain points of your audience. If you need help finding keywords in your niche visit http://www.wordtracker.com/
- The architecture of your site is very important. You want to make sure that your site not only looks good, but the main focus needs to be on usability. A good user experience leads to more revenue for you and also the search engine because they are providing their users with relevant search results.
- SEO is always changing so pay attention to current SEO trends. There is no silver bullet when it comes to SEO strategy, but you can lay a solid foundation following the basic tips in this post. Two good resources for the most recent SEO changes are: https://www.google.com/webmasters/ and http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster
- Make sure your business gets listed and claimed in all major online directories. Online directories are like the Yellow Pages on steroids. They not only feed most of the local search results on Google but they weed out the people trying to scam the system with blackhat SEO tactics. If you get listed in these credible online directories, your business will see a dramatic increase in visibility online. Online directories also help you receive more online reviews on Yelp, YP, and Google+.
- In your title tags on your website, make sure to include your location. You also need to have unique title tags for each page on your site. If you have the same title tag on each page it will limit the information you provide the search crawlers about each page, and Google doesn’t like confusion. It’s also imperative that you use keywords in your title tags that are relevant to your niche.
- Metadata descriptions are the brief descriptions people see when they find your business on Google or Bing. These small snippets of information highly influence whether or not someone will click-through to your site or find another option.
- Is your site mobile friendly? Google is starting to punish people for having sites that aren’t mobile friendly and responsive in design. 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. You want people to be able to do business with you no matter where they are at that time, and mobile devices are now the leading tool for accessing the internet.